POST MEDIATION PAYMENT: PLEASE DO NOT SEND PAYMENT IN ADVANCE OF YOUR MEDIATION. We will send an invoice to counsel by email shortly after the mediation. Counsel is responsible for payment. Payment is expected and appreciated no later than 10 days after we send the invoice. Checks are payable to K & A Mediation. EIN #20-0979400. Thank you in advance for your prompt payment. Payment should be mailed to K&A Mediation, 2525 Ponce De Leon Boulevard, #300, Coral Gables, Florida 33134.
CHARGES FOR MEDIATION:
· All charges and costs (mediation time, travel time, parking charges, room fees (if applicable). . .) will be divided equally among the participants unless all participants agree to divide the charges differently. K&A shall determine the number of participants to be charged if the parties cannot agree;
· Mediation time will be billed at $450.00 per hour (as of January 1, 2021), with no additional administrative fees. A minimum of two (2) hours will be charged for your mediation. However, if the parties expressly request that we set aside 4 hours or more, then a minimum of four (4) hours will be charged;
· In the event that an in-person mediation is required, actual travel time for mediations physically taking place in locations other than The City of Miami, Coral Gables, Dadeland, and Pinecrest, will be billed at the reduced hourly rate of $400.00 per hour and any charges incurred to reserve conference room space will be passed on to the parties equally.
· Generally, we do not charge to review correspondence sent in advance of mediation. However, if you choose to send unusually voluminous materials for our review in preparation for mediation, we reserve the right to charge you for actual time spent reviewing such materials at $450.00 per hour;
CANCELLATION POLICY/CHARGES: WHETHER YOUR MEDIATION IS VOLUNTARY OR COURT ORDERED, MEDIATIONS CAN ONLY BE CANCELED, MODIFIED OR RESCHEDULED IF ALL PARTICIPANTS AGREE OR THE COURT SO ORDERS.
· No charges are incurred if your mediation is rescheduled to a later date with our office regardless of the amount of notice you provide;
· The parties will be charged the applicable minimum time (2 or 4 hours) for all cancellations due to settlement (or otherwise cancelled without possibility of rescheduling with K&A), when our office receives notice of cancellation less than two full (2) business days prior to the date scheduled for mediation. DO NOT ASSUME THAT OTHER PARTIES HAVE TIMELY NOTIFIED US OF CANCELLATION. We encourage you to please email email@example.com, with a copy to all other parties to advise of cancellation in order to avoid any miscommunication.
To further clarify, to avoid unnecessary cancellation charges: Monday mediations must be cancelled by the end of the preceding Wednesday; Tuesday mediations must be cancelled by the end of the preceding Thursday; Wednesday mediations must be cancelled by the end of the preceding Friday; Thursday mediations must be cancelled by the end of the preceding Monday; and, Friday mediations must be cancelled by the end of the preceding Tuesday.
In the event that any of the participants have special safety or health concerns, or other special needs, please advise our office prior to the date of mediation so that we have an opportunity to accommodate the needs of all concerned.
VOLUNTARY MEDIATION and CONFIDENTIALITY:
By your receipt and acceptance of a notice of mediation from K&A Mediation, the participants agree and acknowledge that the mediation, whether presuit, voluntary, in-suit or court ordered, shall be subject all statutes and rules with respect to mediator immunity and mediation confidentiality. In the event that the parties agree to allow non-parties to participate, such as consultants, public adjusters, etc., such non-party participants shall be bound by the same rules of confidentiality that govern the parties.
Copyright © 2018 K&A Mediation - All Rights Reserved.